B'zon Variel : Flame Uruloth : ISW Mar 24, 2017 23:22:20 GMT -8
Post by Nethke on Mar 24, 2017 23:22:20 GMT -8
Everyone dies. I intend to deserve it.
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Dirty brown
Turn 3053, month 6.5
Weyr: Ice Stone Weyr
Mother: Izyon, drudge
Father: Basak, drudge
Siblings: Tons. Scads. Mostly half-siblings, though he's never investigated
Children: K'len, probably others
Other: None to his knowledge
Assorted, none with names he remembers, given nobody stayed longer than a composite month.
He used to know a lady named Zyre, and still has her picture, but she got transferred before he could propose and then he pawned the ring and...things happened. Don't ask.
Veridine, current fence
Pets: Aurora firelizard, "Gizmo"
B'zon is, simply put, a very ugly man. Big and heavy, built like a Buick with a dry, angry rasp of a voice and a face that suggests a life of badly healed scars both mental and physical, features squinting into a mask of irritated befuddlement, he is also irascible, crude, an alcoholic, a smoker, gluttonous, lecherous, clumsy, dirty, close-minded, slothful and messy. He's tall, he's dark, and FARANTH he is not handsome. His face is flat and his jaw is rough, resembling a Terran bear or Pernese wher. His hair is brown, curly, and thinning as fast as it can go. His body, what hasn't gone to seed, is tall and strong, and had he taken care of himself he would still be an attractive figure, in a Terran jock kind of way. He affects a limp, and his leg DOES get stiff in extra-cold weather, but for the most part it's just an act. Like most of him.
B'zon Variel is an avatar of clutching, inarticulate rage. He is what might easily be called “socially awkward”, but B'zon Variel is not cutely funny and his social inadequacies are tragic, not adorable or wacky. Because of his intense connection to other’s emotions, observations of the pain of others (and inability to control his own life’s disasters) he buries it in every way he can find, from food to drugs to sex, and none of them help because he can’t stop feeling, can’t stop seeing, can’t stop being B'zon, and B'zon Variel is, as he only tells his deepest friends and dealers, “everyone". He is unable to cook without setting the food on fire, and gets panic attacks around even the possibility of fighting men a-dragonback.
B'zon is just about the most miserable scumbag you could ever meet. His personality traits sound like nasty versions of the Seven Dwarves--Sleepy, Grumpy, Whiny, Hungry, Lusty. He fancies himself a ladies' man, not that he's good with them or anything but can be a half-decent person to be around if he tries really, really hard. He's habitually drunk, and only has been more so since the Second War began. The only thing that keeps him going, more or less, is knowing that if he leaves, nobody's gonna look after J'vol, and that would totally, you know...suck.
Is there any good in B'zon? Perhaps. He's highly empathetic, and started drinking to numb the feeling. Then because it felt good, and finally because he couldn't stop. Correction. Can't stop. He's a remarkable artisan, and would be a great one of he had a working bone in his body. And in his heart of hearts, he cares for people. Kind of.
-Liver of steel
-Anyone he has deemed Stupid
- Born to two drudges, abandoned to the creche
- Doesn't fit in with the other kids, not particularly nice or particularly gifted
- Shows at age 10 he is gifted with a sure sense of color and artistic style. Does absolutely nothing with it
- Goes through assorted apprenticeships, fails at all due to laziness
- While in detox, sires Kallen, later K'len
- Wandering through the lower Ice Stone caverns, literally stumbles over a dehydrated man named Jarrivay, who he ends up saving
- Jarrivay becomes a Candidate, attaching to Bazyon almost obsessively
- Receives Gizmo's egg as a gift
- Jarrivay drags him out onto the Sands for one Hatching and then-- Hey! Ugly! Yeah! You! I'm URULOTH, and I'm YOURS, and I'm HUNGRY, moron, let's GO!!!.
- Jarrivay Impresses, and that's okay. Just fine. Gets him out of the house.
-Meets his illegitimate son K'len, retroactively proud of him. Ish
* K'len and J'vol are owned by ME.
* Feel free to play any of his children or siblings by one or both of his parents
* Veridine is a rogue Trader with the face claim of Thomas Dekker
* Sivart is a Holdless man, though he may have another background of the adopter's choosing. He has murdered at least one person in cold blood, a miner named Perrenor over the fact he was having an affair with Perrenor's wife, a woman named Syrah (again, owned by ME). He is of high, possibly genius-level intelligence, and hasn't a remorseful bone in his body.
Flame (cbc91a , cb5c1a)
Dragon's Appearance: Uruloth, at 25 feet, is big for a Flame, about the size of a good-size Green. He's a handsome male nevertheless, heavy-shouldered and thick-necked with a small, elegant head. His limbs seem almost too delicate for his body, and he holds them splay-legged, almost like a lizard rather than carefully under him like a runner or regular dragon.
Uruloth is as crude and angry as his Rider, loud and intent on getting everything the way he wants it.
- Fights with his brother and sister
- Impresses Bazyon, now B'zon, and actually, HOWLS. Like a canine.
- Wakes B'zon up every morning, as well as anybody he can reach until he gets out of the Weyrling Barracks. Tries to do the ABSOLUTE BEST every time, in every test.
- War begins, and he is determined to fight THE BEST. Because he is the best and has the best person, believe him.