(Adoptable) Melana : Candidate : Female (RMW) Sept 28, 2012 13:13:02 GMT -8
Post by seraphim on Sept 28, 2012 13:13:02 GMT -8
Ambience - Within Temptation's Stand My Ground
- Melana Reachborn
- 3056.09.22 - Early Autumn
- Formerly of High Reaches Weyr, Searched late and brought to Rainbow Mists
- Mother - unknown
- Father - unknown, presumed daughter of a blue rider, as she bears a strong resemblance to him
- Siblings - Most children in the creche called her 'big sister'
- Deidre - Former bunkmate
- T'lon - Brown Rider, fostered her fascination with dragons and flits
- Corda - Cook, taught Melana how to make some baked goods
- None yet
- Melena is short for her age at 5'2'', and weighing in at 132 lbs. Being a crechebrat, she had to keep after the little ones and keep them out of trouble, thus she is trim and fit from both rounding up the children and carrying them around. Her hair is a deep mahogany, and it glints with red highlights in the correct light. Her eyes are icy blue and expressionless most days, only showing warmth when speaking to children. Melana's lips are thin but attractive, peach colored and soft.
Her shoulders are thin but hardly weak, forming into long arms with dainty fingers at their ends. A moderate bust at a mid-sized B-cup, with a trim waist and somewhat wide hips. These meld into long legs fit for running and jumping, and dainty feet.
When it comes to her wardrobe, she prefers light jackets over deep, earthy tones such as deep greens and vibrant blues. Her 'formal' wear consists of a skirt and blouse, often colored a rich purple or blue. Rarely does she wear jewelry, as she cannot afford it, but she does wear a bracelet that the Creche children made for her out of brightly colored string and beads filched from the Weaver's quarters.
- Melana is quite calm, a direct opposite to Corda, the cook she usually stuck around when not dealing with the children. Usually during a conflict, Melana is the voice of reason, rarely getting upset unless pushed to do so, and she never raises her voice. Despite all this, the brunette has a commanding nature, one that demands people listen to her when she speaks. This has caused her to be a 'moderator' of such, usually the third-party in trivial teenage disputes.
Ambitious for her age, she longs to Impress a Queen and live out her life as a Weyrwoman. This has stemmed from her maternal nature towards the Creche children that she took care of. Maybe she'd even have time for a family one day.
- Melana was born on a stormy night in High Reaches, to an unwilling mother who much preferred teasing the Dragonriders in the area. An hour or two after giving birth, the woman gave her daughter over to the Creche and was never seen again.
As Melana never knew her parents, the Creche became her family, with the caretaker becoming her 'mother' and the children her 'siblings'. At four, Melana scared off a ragtag group of boys who were bullying a pretty little blonde girl. The girl, still sniffling, introduced herself as Deidre, and from that day forward she never left Melana's side. The two were best friends, and bunked together until they were separated by Melana's sudden candidacy.
At ten, Melana and Deidre met one of the boys that had bullied them again, only this time he was quite a lot nicer than he'd originally been. The three became fast friends, and were rarely seen apart. Taklon was his name, and he took a big shine to Deidre. The children spent their days playing in the creche areas , and for two years nothing could break them apart. Until Taklon disappeared one day, for almost a week. Deirde was heartbroken, and Melana was furious. When Taklon finally returned, he took Melana's verbal abuse until finally revealing his reason for disappearing.
He had made Candidate for High Reaches Weyr, which had a clutch that was almost ready to hatch. The boy was so excited, he practically shook with it. Deirde and Melana were excited for him, and promised to be there for his hatching. Every day they waited outside the Candidate Barracks after chores, waiting for him to appear. When he did, he would gush at them and tell them all he had learned; how to cut the meat for the young hatchling, how to keep them oiled as they grew, and bonding lessons.
Deidre and Melana took it all in, fascinated by all he told them. His dreams were big, as he wanted to make Wingsecond or even Wingleader. Maybe even Weyrleader! And if that happened, then he'd bring them both to live with him and they'd always be together.
A child's dream, but a dream nonetheless. The day of the Hatching, Melana and Deidre had snuck out after chores to watch, excited. This hatching, however, would leave Taklon heartbroken as he was left standing on the Sands. Coming to his friends with dejected eyes, both girls hugged him and promised it'd be all right. Each hatching after that saw Taklon standing, and the boy was almost ready to age himself out to keep from being left standing again. It was then that his dreams came true. A great rumbling squawk and Taklon was flattened beneath a brute of a Brown. He called himself T'lon after that, and his dragon was Dionymuth. Melana and Deidre actually cheered. Each were sixteen years of age, and Deirdre and T'lon had an unofficial relationship for almost two years.
For a year, T'lon trained with Dionymuth while Melana watched, jealousy warring with happiness for her friend. Why couldn't she have a Dragon? She deserved one... T'lon knew his darn parents at least. And Deidre? ... Deidre was her world. She adored the other girl, while the other girl loved T'lon. It was a bitter and unknown rivalry, and some part of her wanted to show them both that she could Impress too. Deidre was set to become a Harper, with her light fingers and melodious voice, and T'lon had ambitions to be a Wingleader someday.
That was too little for Melana. Though she had been granted Candidate status, it had been granted too late for her to stand at the same Hatching as T'lon, thus she'd had to sit this one out until the next one. It annoyed her, as the ambitious streak reared its ugly head at her.
She wanted it all. A Queen Dragon, to see her Dragon clutch fine, healthy eggs, and to lead a Weyr of her own one day. THEN she could have them both transferred and they could live with -her-. That was the plan, anyway. And she wanted all of this -now-.
One day, just after Melana's seventeenth birthing day, a Searchrider appeared in the skies above High Reaches. It was a Searchdragon from Rainbow Mists Weyr, a Southern Weyr that Melana had heard tell of for many Turns. The Blue dragon turned its head towards her after landing, and tilted it. The rider then turned to her, and gently pushed through the crowd. He came up to her, holding up a letter of transfer that she read over quickly. It detailed that Rainbow Mists had a hardened clutch on the sands, and it was only a matter of days before the eggs hatched. They needed candidates to populate the sands, as hatchlings going between was inconceivable. Dragons were too precious. She agreed wholeheartedly before looking to the Searchrider, who shoo'd her,
"You have one candlemark to get your most immediate things. You're being taken to Rainbow Mists to stand at the hatching. Hurry hurry!" She was ushered to go, and go she did. Grabbing Deidre and T'lon on the way (with an indignant snort from Dionymuth), she quickly explained to them what had happened as she threw clothes in .. that Deidre neatly folded over time. Hugging them both, she grinned,
"I promise, I'll Impress the biggest Gold and I'll come back for you both." T'lon grinned to her, saying he hoped to see her again soon, and Deidre hugged her and kissed her cheek,
"Be safe, Melly. Don't get hurt, and write often!" The mahogany haired girl hugged them both again before heading for the Searchrider. He hauled her onto his dragon's back, warned her of between, and winked out. He reappeared over Rainbow Mists Weyr, and she could see Dragons circling the Hatching Sands. The hatching was less than a day away. Now she was suddenly nervous and thankful all at once. Thankful that she and Deidre had listened to T'lon about his Candidacy, so she had an inkling of what to do, and nervous that she would be left standing as he had.
Oh her pride couldn't take that, and unlike T'lon, she didn't have either of them there to fall back on if she didn't Impress.
The Searchrider deposited her near the Candidated Barracks, where the Candidate Master got her a white robe and put her up in a room. And there she sat, mostly dazed. Everything was happening so fast.. she only hoped her Queen was as beautiful as the dawn.
- Yes, adopt her out if I disappear. If I return and she is not adopted, I would like her back. XD
- Well, I want to knock her down a notch. She's on a high horse, and we can't have that now, can we. So, something not a Queen would be nice for character development (though having something happen to her that she actually -wanted- to happen would be nice), though if you want to give her a Queen, BY ALL MEANS. XD